[SoaS] [Marketing] SoaS main wiki page revision (draft)

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Tue May 25 06:11:35 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:50 AM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mel - that page looks great

Thanks!

> I tried to add the "will be superseded" text on the top of the
> Blueberry page, but I'm not sure I did the right wiki thing.

Actually, I think you reverted the edit. :) But I made a little "note"
template and added your "will be superseded" text to the Blueberry
page - see http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Blueberry -
since it sounds like that was what you were trying to do.

All the links from the main
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick contributors portal
point to places that give the right version. Actually, aside from the
release schedule, the wiki page doesn't refer to a specific release at
all - it points to the shiny user-facing
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/soas site that has the Mirabelle
download link.

Come to think of it, we should probably take a pass through the wiki
pages for each of the releases (Strawberry, Blueberry, and Mirabelle)
and make sure the shiny spins site explicitly refers to this release
as Mirabelle. Thanks for pointing that out.

> Will you be adding back the pancake button?

Not to the contributors portal, since we're trying to bring people to
the shiny spins site for downloading - although I did put the
"download" button in
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick#Want_to_use_Sugar_on_a_Stick.3F
and linked it to http://spins.fedoraproject.org/soas/#downloads. More
eye-catching. We should get it in the Mirabelle colors, though. :)

Thanks for the feedback!

--Mel