[SoaS] Testing liveinst in SoaS-3

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue May 25 02:39:17 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:39 AM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> El Mon, 24-05-2010 a las 15:33 +0200, Sebastian Dziallas escribió:
>
>> >  * After installation, firstboot bothers the user with more silly
>> >   questions. The firstboot package could probably be uninstalled.
>>
>> Either that or branded and made more useful - it used to provide the
>> ability to do the keyboard selection before logging in which I think
>> is pretty sane, but apparently this got ripped out by upstream because
>> of some regressions a couple of releases ago.
>
> Sugar already has its own firstboot procedure in which you get to choose
> the username and colors. We may want to extend the firstboot procedure
> to invoke the keyboard settings on systems on which it cannot be
> autodetected.

I have no problems with turning off the first boot if it genuinely
doesn't add any value. I think they keyboard is probably the big one
that comes to mind. It also allows adding of users and I think from
memory configuring of ntp, submitting a smolt profile and likely few
other bits that I'm missed. Most of which are likely not a major
problem on SoaS install scenario.

>> >  * After installation, sudo does not work out of the box. (this is one
>> >   of the major annoyances of Fedora, it should be fixed upstream too)
>>
>> It doesn't work on the live image out of the box either, from what I
>> recall. You've got a point there, but this is indeed one of Fedora's
>> decisions as upstream.
>
> I'll bother some of the core Fedora people I know to see if this could
> be changed. On OLPC's images, sudo is already configured nicely.

There's been a discussion on fedora-devel about changing the sudo
defaults in Fedora for F-14. I haven't watched the discussion closely
but you might want to review it and contribute to that discussion to
ensure the Sugar community is represented.