[SoaS] [Sugar-devel] Deja-Dup (duplicity) as a way to backup-restore Soas Mirabelle Home directory

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sun May 16 20:14:32 EDT 2010

Bernie;

I wrote a preliminary guide here:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/deja-dup

Seems to work fine. Restores a new script built USB to the conditions of
an older one that had a lot af extra applications.
A real restore! ....

Notes:

    * Backs up and restores

/usr/share/sugar/activities
/home/liveuser/Activities
liveOS and syslinux directories
  (Overlay-live-xxx (persistence)
   OSmin.img Squashfs.img files

    * Does Not backup journal or (f2) favorites

Tom Gilliard
satellit