[SoaS] [SugarClone] -was Re: You scream, I scream, ...

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sun May 16 13:01:23 EDT 2010

Caroline:

Here is some more information:

http://people.sugarlabs.org/fgrose/SugarClone

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Sugar_Clone

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Installation/Variations#Duplicating_SoaS_with_customization

Note that the SugarClone script seems to work with fedora desktop .iso's
also (Gnome)

Cordially;

Tom Gilliard

To make live USB:

In Windows:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Blueberry#For_Windows_Users

In Linux:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Linux

....................Example Script................................
(Using Ubuntu and your .iso file is on your desktop)
sudo su
password
# (root)

./livecd-iso-to-disk  --format --reset-mbr --overlay-size-mb 1200
/home/xxxx/Desktop/soas-i386-20100511.15.iso /dev/sdg*

* use format command in terminal to see your USB device name
Verifying image...
./livecd-iso-to-disk: line 385: checkisomd5: command not found
Are you SURE you want to continue?
Press Enter to continue or ctrl-c to abort

WARNING: THIS WILL DESTROY ANY DATA ON /dev/sdg!!!
Press Enter to continue or ctrl-c to abort

Waiting for devices to settle...
mkdosfs 3.0.1 (23 Nov 2008)
Copying live image to USB stick
Updating boot config file
Initializing persistent overlay file
1200+0 records in
1200+0 records out
1258291200 bytes (1.3 GB) copied, 290.145 s, 4.3 MB/s
Installing boot loader
USB stick set up as live image!
root at robert-904-1TB:/home/xxxx/Desktop#