[SoaS] Sugar 0.88 packages

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu May 13 12:47:17 EDT 2010

El Wed, 12-05-2010 a las 14:24 -0300, Daniel Drake escribió:
> On 11 May 2010 20:23, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> > Would you like me to go on and apply any relevant patches also to the
> > devel and F-13 branches in CVS? Let me know if you'd rather want me to
> > run each individual patch through you instead of committing them
> > directly. Either way is equally fast and easy on my side.
>
> Can't you do it properly by committing the patches and releasing new tarballs?
> No need to lock up the fixes.

I'm posting all my patches to sugar-devel@, attaching them to tickets
and ping individual people on IRC.

It's taking a lot of time because we have few active maintainers with
privileges to ack patches. Regarding releasing official tarballs, the
release manager position is currently vacant so don't expect them
anytime soon.

While we're working to fix our review process, it makes sense for
downstream projects on a tight schedule to apply obvious bugfix patches
directly to their packages.

Ideally, some of the existing contributors would step up and become
maintainers of specific modules or releases. I'm available to maintain
the 0.88 branch unless someone else wants to and I offered to become a
review peer for all the sugar-* modules.

BTW: I did some testing yesterday with F11-XO1-0.88 and results are very
encouraging. I'm seeing some issues related to font-size and window
borders. We need to figure out why these things work well in
sugar-emulator in 1200x900 and not on the XO-1. I tried upgrading
Metacity, but it did not seem to help.