[SoaS] FW: The 2010 Global Education Conference: Call for Preliminary Participation
cbigenho at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 19:00:56 EDT 2010
Some of you might be interested in this.
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 21:13:37 +0000
From: mail at classroom20.com
To: cbigenho at hotmail.com
Subject: The 2010 Global Education Conference: Call for Preliminary Participation
A message to all members of Classroom 2.0
In partnership with Elluminate, we are in the process of organizing a free virtual online global education conference to take place in November of 2010. Our conference strands are *tentatively* set to include: Teachers (professional development, training, etc.), Students (student-led initiatives, exchange programs, service learning etc.), Pedagogy (curriculum, digital citizenship, assessment etc.), Policy and Leadership (exemplary schools, ICT infrastructure, government initiatives etc.), and Change (peace and social justice, equity, etc.).
If you are interested in joining our mailing list to stay informed of developments, please sign up using this online form: http://tinyurl.com/globaledcon.
We also are looking for people with various expertise and interests related to the following tasks:
- Serving on an international educator advisory board
- Recommending students to serve on a student advisory board
- Presenting a session at this conference
- Facilitating conference sessions in Elluminate
- Volunteering to develop the resource wiki
- Translating conference sessions and materials
- Volunteering to mentor other educators around the topic of developing global collaborative projects. We are seeking people who will partner with less experienced educators to introduce them to this concept.
- Contributing ideas for reaching out to other individuals, organizations, and government entities in order to gain support and publicize the conference.
Thanks for your support. We'll be in touch soon with additional details! Feel free to pass this link on to others via Facebook, Twitter, etc.
hargadon at gmail.com
Founder, The Global Education Collaborative
elemenous at gmail.com
Visit Classroom 2.0 at: http://www.classroom20.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network
To control which emails you receive on Classroom 2.0, click here
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoaS