[SoaS] SoaS test cases

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Sat May 1 20:07:48 EDT 2010

http://blog.melchua.com/2010/05/01/soas-test-cases-we-can-haz-them/ for
more details and current test results:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Mirabelle. The short
version is that everything's working except collaboration (which has a
known fix, see below) and Read (not because the Activity doesn't work,
but because there's nothing to read with it and it's therefore hard to
test/quickly-start-using).

In terms of getting Mirabelle ready to go out the door, right now we need:

* this telepathy-gabble update,
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/telepathy-gabble-0.9.11-1.fc13,
to be pushed to the Fedora updates repo – it has +3 karma but is still
in testing, and must be pushed before Tuesday; without it, collaboration
in SoaS does not work at all.

  * download/install instructions for burning the image to a stick, for
every major operating system, that can be followed by a classroom
teacher without technical expertise. We know the Blueberry install
instructions (http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Blueberry)
do not fit this criteria, and would love for someone – probably a
non-engineer – to help rewrite them. Install instructions will either go
on http://spins.fedoraproject.org/soas/#downloads or be linked to from
this page.

* quotes, stories, screenshots, and photos (CC-BY,
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/, please) from Sugar/SoaS
users on what they’ve done with the platform, cool things they’ve tried,
how this fits into a classroom, and so forth, to be used on the spin
webpage and related links – bonus points if you can talk about
contributing to SoaS as well as using it!

--Mel