[SoaS] Call for Testing: Duplicating SoaS via CMD Test results....will not work on ext4 fs?

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Mon Mar 29 09:11:44 EDT 2010

Sebastian:

TEST:

soas-i386-2010322.iso in f12 liveusb-creator (graphical)
637 persistence file
firefly 2GB USB target
successful creation

Booted USB on EeePC900 (EeePc has no CD Drive: /dev/sr0)

added deducto-4.xo and develop-39.xo by drag drop from 2nd ASLO usb to
journal
-They worked fine-

In root sugar terminal:

livecd-iso-to-disk --overlay-size-mb 300 /dev/sr0 /dev/sdc1

did not work.
I noticed that /dev/sdd1 was the device name of running
soas-i386-2010322 USB
(in mount)

Here are results:

root at localhost ~]# mount
/dev/mapper/live-rw on / type ext4 (rw,noatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs
(rw,rootcontext="system_u:object_r:tmpfs_t:s0")
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
/dev/sdd1 on /mnt/live type vfat (rw)
varcacheyum on /var/cache/yum type tmpfs
(rw,mode=0755,rootcontext="unconfined_u:object_r:file_t:s0")
/tmp on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,rootcontext="system_u:object_r:tmp_t:s0")
vartmp on /var/tmp type tmpfs (rw,rootcontext="system_u:object_r:tmp_t:s0")
/dev/sdc1 on /media/FEDORA type vfat
(rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=udisks,uid=500,gid=500,shortname=mixed,dmask=0077,utf8=1,flush)

Fedora was 2 GB fat16 boot flag target SD
-------------------------changed command------------------------------
[root at localhost ~]# livecd-iso-to-disk --overlay-size-mb 300 /dev/sdd1
/dev/sdc
Verifying image...
/dev/sdd1: Could not get pvd data
Unable to read the disc checksum from the primary volume descriptor.
This probably means the disc was created without adding the checksum.Are
you SURE you want to continue?
Press Enter to continue or ctrl-c to abort

USB filesystem must be vfat or ext[23]
Cleaning up to exit...
[root at localhost ~]#

It looks like ext4 file system is not supported here : /

Tom Gilliard
satellit