[SoaS] Sugar-Creation-Kit DVD (preliminary version) is available to download for testing and comments

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sun Mar 28 23:19:04 EDT 2010

I just did a download of the Sugar-Creation-Kit DVD.iso here and it
burns correctly.

Please download it and test it. i am sure there are many improvements
that can be added.

Note that this is a preliminary version and needs polishing.

I have tried to include a compilation of the most useful software, and
instructions on how to apply it' so that people off line can make soas
sticks and add activities to them.

Note:the DVD includes  111 .xo activities from ASLO that can be copied
to a 1 GB USB and copy-pasted to the sugar journal as a way to install them.

This file can be downloaded separately:
http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/ASLO-xo.tar.gz

I did this project visualizing the following use case:

"sneaker-net",off internet, locations and fire walled schools.

(A side benefit may be that it will lessen the load on sugarlabs servers
once the DVD's are distributed, as it easy to make copies locally)

Tom Gilliard
satellit