[SoaS] SoaS Documentation Changes

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sun Mar 28 17:58:14 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'd like to announce some changes to our documentation strategy for the
upcoming Sugar on a Stick release. In an attempt to enhance our
documentation, I've been working on creating content using Publican [1],
which is a Fedora tool relying on Docbook files.

Here are some examples, namely the HTML output for two upcoming guides:

http://people.sugarlabs.org/sdz/creation-kit/
http://people.sugarlabs.org/sdz/customization-guide/

We'll find a better place for these in time for the release. However,
they are already a good representation of the recommended procedures.

I went ahead and created a SOP for the process of getting changes into
the documentation:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Documentation_SOP

Mel has kindly agreed to take care of the queue on list, and it is our
hope that we'll be able to add more committers over time, so if you're
interested in helping to maintain this documentation, please speak up.

--Sebastian

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/publican/