[SoaS] What's going on with Sugar on a Stick?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 11:15:55 EDT 2010

Hi All,

Sebastian first of all thanks for all your hard work up until now. And
more importantly all the best for your upcoming final exams. We look
forward to seeing you on the flip side!

> as you may have noticed, there are a couple of changes coming to Sugar on a
> Stick to keep the whole project sustainable. In the upcoming month, from
> March 28 (I'll be off starting Sunday night) to May 7, my ability to devote
> time to the project will cease. I have to prepare for my major A-level
> exams; more importantly, I have to secure a significant amount of funding in
> order to be able to attend college later this fall. (If you're interested in
> helping, see
> http://sdziallas.com/blog/sebastian/2010/03/sebastian-needs-100k.html for
> more details - any advice would be appreciated.)
>
> This does not affect the release date. Sugar on a Stick will be released as
> a spin through Fedora's release engineering process on May 11. We are bound
> to this date and will have a working release in time. The general release
> schedule including all relevant policies is available here [1]. Nightly
> builds are also available [2] (and will contain a fixed IRC activity within
> a couple of days, as soon as [3] has been pushed to stable).
>
> Activity authors are also advised that the final freeze date for package
> updates is April 27, so make sure to get fixes pushed well in advance to
> give package maintainers and the update system time to process.
>
> Peter Robinson has kindly agreed to act in case something is needed. Please
> make sure to post to the appropriate lists, though, so that everybody is in
> the loop. Finally, please file bugs at bugs.sugarlabs.org as explained in
> [4] to save all of us time.

Just as a couple of points here. Please keep as much of the discussion
on the soas mailing list as possible so that everyone is aware of any
issues in a lead up to the release in March. I will do my best to keep
up with things as we work towards the release.

Please also check the bug tracker [1] to see if any issues are already
known about and if you don't see it there please file a bug against
SoaS so it can be tracked.

I will be reviewing and updating things over the next week as we head
full forward into the Fedora 13 / SoaS 3 Beta. I look forward to your
assistance in making this a great release.

Peter

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org