[SoaS] Sugar on a Stick Changing Engineering Direction

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Mar 20 16:34:50 EDT 2010

On 20.03.2010, at 03:19, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:

> Here's a draft kickstart file of what a slimmed-down SoaS release might
> look like. It includes a few core Activities that will help you get,
> debug, and ask questions about more Activities (Browse, Log, and IRC),
> as well as a few well-tested Activities with active upstreams that we
> think tend to "demo well" for a variety of audiences and contexts
> (young/adult audience, large/small audience, dev/user/teacher audience,
> hands-on-lab/demo-on-projector audience, etc).
>
> http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/soas/repos/mainline/blobs/master/fedora-livecd-soas.ks

IMHO Etoys should be included as well.

It's well-tested, has an active upstream, and includes a couple nice demos. Or is there a specific reason to exclude it?

Besides, we have always told people that there is no need to download the Etoys activity from ASLO because it is just a tiny wrapper for the etoys executable that comes with the Sugar platform anyway.

- Bert -