[SoaS] La Rioja Training DVD

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 12:09:56 EST 2010

Hi All...

Thanks to the help of Gonzalo Odiard of Sugar Labs Argentina, I have just finished downloading the last of 14 files that contain the contents of the 2 disk training DVD sent to all of the schools in La Rioja Argentina after the teams of 2 (one teacher and one  school IT person). They will use them in the training of all the other teachers at their schools. I am hoping this can be a tool we can adapt/adopt and translate into other languages.

Now I need help putting it all together.  The files are fairly large, 13 of them are 200MB and the last one is 78MB.  I have them all in a folder. They are still "packed" so far.  There are 14 little virtual cardboard boxes marked ".RAR" and with a little picture of a c-clamp on a blue quarter-circle label.  The files are all of the .rar format.

I have never done a project where I needed to assemble a group of files into one (actually, 2 in this case).  Gonzalo sent these instructions:

"Si copias todos los archivos descargados en un mismo directorio, y usas un programa para decomprimir, te deberia crear el archivo .iso descomprimiendolos"

"If you copy all of the downloaded files in the same directory and use a program to decompress them, you should create the file "iso. decompressed""

OK.... how do I do this?  What program will I need to get?  How do I put them all into the "same directory" and correct order for the DVD?  Has anyone done anything like this?

No rush on this because family is arriving from TX tonight and we are taking them to the local mountains to ski.  I may not have much time to work on it until sometime next week, but I would love to get the information now so I can get started if I get the chance.

Caryl