[SoaS] Fwd: Some questions about SOAS

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 20:09:28 EST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Guillermo Garza <mechanical.mime at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 3:17 PM
Subject: Some questions about SOAS
To: feedback at sugarlabs.org

Good Day,
My name is Guillermo and I'm currently involved in a research project
involving SOAS and indigenous communities in the South of Mexico. You
can find more information on our project through the following link:
http://sites.google.com/site/tecnotzotzil/
Overall, SOAS is working great for our purpose, but there is just one
strange issue. After a couple of weeks of usage, SOAS doesn't boot
anymore. Sometimes the booting process gets stuck on a black screen,
others at login and so on. There is never a pattern and this happens
pretty often. I don't know if it has to do with our SD cards, the way
we install sugar, the hardware or if this is a known issue and there
is a workaround.
In other words, our SOAS installations have a pretty short lifetime,
after which they stop booting. Can you help us? Who is the right
person or communication mean to investigate this issue?
Thank you very much for your attention and waiting for your kind reply.
Guillermo Garza

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs