[SoaS] linuxliveusb- another idea that works

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Wed Mar 3 08:58:47 EST 2010

Caroline:

This makes a 4GB USB which has an application on the F3 ring view to
start and run fedora liveusb-creator to make other liveusb's from .iso
files,
which can be in a CD or on a 2nd USB Key

 From a booted Blueberry CD:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Category:Live_USB#Make_a_Soas-v2-Blueberry_Installer_USB_.28with_liveusb-creator_installed.29

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Category_talk:Live_USB (How To Sugarize
liveusb-creator)

Works well with strawberry, blueberry and Nightly Composes of V3. .isos

Presently you should use Blueberry to make the Creator USB as it works best.

Tom Gilliard
satellit

On 03/02/2010 07:00 PM, Caroline Meeks wrote:
> Sugar will be in the next release probably around the end of this month.
>
> http://www.linuxliveusb.com/index.php?option=com_flyspray&Itemid=55&do=details&task_id=135
>

> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Caroline Meeks
> <caroline at solutiongrove.com>wrote:
>

>> http://www.linuxliveusb.com/en/using-lili.html
>>
>> This tool packages a portable virtual box on the stick when it creates it.
>>
>> Worked for me with one of the linuxes it supports (Ubuntu) but not when I
>> tried a strawberry ISO. Probably a setting is wrong.

(Fedora is not on list of supported linux distributions)