[SoaS] Your thoughts on My proposed feature Revised_Browse_default-bookmarks

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-soas at silbe.org
Wed Jun 16 06:57:01 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Thomas C Gilliard's message of Wed Jun 16 09:52:51 +0000 2010:

> I would appreciate input on my proposal to modify the index.html in the
> Browse.activity for the fedora spins Soas .iso
I'm not part of the SoaS team and can't speak for them. As for upstream
Browse: if the Design Team decides on a new start page, I'll be happy to
include it.
Sorry to just refer you to other people - I appreciate the work you did, but the Browse start page is the first thing users see when starting Browse (and maybe even one of the first few things people see when starting to use Sugar), so we should craft it carefully. AFAIK quite a bit of thought has gone into the current design. I suggest gradually improving it rather than starting over with a cluttered page (as your screenshot suggests).
A good next step would be to call for a design meeting. There are already enough topics (touchscreen support for example) queued up to fill more than one meeting and we haven't had one for quite a while.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/