[SoaS] [IAEP] Mirabelle for Macs

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 11:27:29 EDT 2010

Caryl,

I've redirecting this to the SoaS list as its not really iaep related.

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi...
>
> Your friendly Mac-person here...
>
> I am on this page:
>
> http://mirrors.mit.edu/sugarlabs/soas/docs/creation-kit/sect-Creation_Kit-Preparation-Mac_Instructions.html
>
> I have started the SoaS image download.
>
> When I clicked on the second link for the image-writer-mac tool, the
> download was almost instantaneous. It gave me a text file that is supposed
> to be "image-writer-mac."  It does not appear to be an executable program
> file.  Do I cut-and-paste it into terminal or what?
>
> Also, you don't mention the Boot helper disk which works fine when using
> Strawberry and Blueberry on a Mac.  Does Mirabelle not work with the Boot
> helper?

It doesn't currently work but if you download the "64 bit version" it
should work.

> I haven't started on 88.1 yet. I want to get Mirabelle working first.
>
> I really would like to see all of this become very Mac friendly since a
> large (maybe 50+) percentage of educational users have Macs.

I'm hoping to get the 32 bit version working on newer Macs without any
need for v4. We just ran out of time for v3. The problem is actually a
generic Linux issue.