[SoaS] bios and soas

george pope gpope111 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 19:06:43 EDT 2010

The message below bounced this AM due to a subscription mix up. After
I sent it I tried running the SOAS .iso file on a 2009 Asus Eee PC 701
note book and even saw the USB in a bios window. But I was too chicken
to click it. I'm afraid I am too used to being overseas where getting
help should I sabatage my notebook could a problem.

Where can I find BIOS manuals so as to be less scared?

-----------

Subject: soas and an old? bios
I've got: Fedora-13-i65y6-liveSoaS.iso copied to a USB stick.

The boot order menu on my IBM ThinkPad T20 includes the following:

1. Removeable Drives _?_
2. HD
3. ATAPT CD ROM Drive
4. Network Boot
4. Intel(R) Boot Agent Version 4.8.17

The manual for this computer is dated Apr 2002. Were they booting from
USB Sticks back then?

Do I need to up date my Bios to run SOAS? Bios scares me. Sorry guys.

George Pope