[SoaS] [IAEP] Attention Activity Developers: SoaS Activity Inclusion Criteria

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue Jun 8 01:29:20 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian at when.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> at today's SoaS meeting [1], we agreed on applying the SoaS Activity
> Inclusion Criteria [2] as outlined in the wiki to the activity
> selection for the upcoming release of SoaS v.4. We'd like to encourage
> you to work towards meeting these goals and to submit your proposals
> for activities and further features following the feature process [3]
> according to the release schedule [4]. The final deadline to have
> features *approved* (please submit your proposals well in advance) is
> July 27.
>
> We're especially lead to this step to ensure to continued stability of
> future Sugar on a Stick releases and look forward to working with you!
> Please email the SoaS list or our release team with any concerns.
>
> --Sebastian Dziallas
>
> [1] http://me.etin.gs/sugar-meeting/sugar-meeting.minutes.20100607_1510.html
> [2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/SoaS_Activity_Criteria
> [3] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick_release_process#Feature_process
> [4] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick#Release_schedule

The criteria page lists attributes that are either yes or no (binary).
I had suggested a weighted scoring approach way back for G1G1
activities. Here's that thread.
http://www.mail-archive.com/olpc-open@lists.laptop.org/msg00641.html
The idea is to score each attribute on a more granular scale than 0/1
and then weight each attribute based on importance for a particular
implementation.

cheers,
Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Systems