[SoaS] Sugar on a Stick Creation Kit-How to Easily Customize it

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Tue Jun 1 13:22:10 EDT 2010

Sean;

I think it would be a good Idea for you to edit the contents of the
Sugar­Creation­Kit DVD after you download it:

Examples of things to add:
An Introduction Marketing Pitch for the Show
Finished DVD Cover Art for Printing
(German/French translations?)
etc.

Here is the way I do it:

First Burn the DVD from the Sugar-Creation-Kit-09.iso
Mount it.
Copy-Paste the Contents of the DVD to a Working Folder on you PC

    1)  * collect the files you want to be included on the CD in a
folder, (and your Additions/Subtractions)
    2)  * transfer the contents of the working folder  to a disk burning
program
    3)  burn them to a CD or DVD
    4)  ( dev/sr0 = CD Rom Drive on your Computer)
    5)  * use the following command in terminal as root:
    6)  (From the computer desktop)

dd if=/dev/sr0 of=Sugar­Creation­Kit.iso    (4) (dev/sr0 is device name
of your CD Burner    of= output file name and type  ie: xxxxxx.iso)

Example:
 dd if=/dev/sr0 of=Sugar­Creation­Kit.iso
 5555584+0 records in
 5555584+0 records out
 2844459008 bytes (2.8 GB) copied, 232.86 s, 12.2 MB/s

Use the new DVD.iso to make your copies.

Enjoy.

Cordially

Tom Gilliard
satellit