[SoaS] (no subject)

pbrobinson at gmail.com pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 02:28:51 EDT 2010

Hi Samy,

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 5:14 PM,  <s.boutayeb at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Not sure if I got the point or your question in my initial answer (
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/soas/2010-July/001626.html ), where you will
> find a list of the EU languages with their corresponding ISO codes.
> Anyway, apart from the language list officialy used in the European
> institutions, you should be aware that all of those languages are (AFAIK) left
> to right and use one of the following alphabets: latin, cyrillic or greek.

I''m aware of the base latin/cyrillic/greek language bases but i
wasn't aware that any of those and the EU languages based on them were
right to left languages.

Apparently (according to Sean a while ago) somewhere there is a list
of officially supported EU languages required for education. I believe
this is a list that is needed to be supported by particular
devices/software in order to be able to be endorsed by the EU. I know
nothing more about this but if you have links I would appreciate it.