[SoaS] Problem with Mirabelle and USB Boot

Marc Karasek marckarasek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 09:05:20 EDT 2010

If you look back a couple of versions, naming the usb stick Fedora used
to be in the instructions.

As far as using the liveusb-creator,  that is what I did.  I did not
change the name, per the instuctions, and when I tried to boot the stick
I got the error:

no root device found
sleeping forever

Again, when I googled this error it came up with the problem being in
the kernel cmdline.  Specifically the root= and overlay= lines.   I then
changed the lines per my previous email.  And also changed the name on
the usb stick to FEDORA.  This allowed the usb stick to boot.

I then renamed a stick to FEDORA, reimaged the stick using
liveusb-creator.  This usb stick booted without a problem.
*Marc Karasek*
Troop 648 Asst Scoutmaster
Button Gwinnett Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner
2010 ScoutFest Director of Outdoor Activities
NYLT SM 2010
Herder of Cats
God Bless

92-57 Bear