[SoaS] [Sugar-devel] SOAS 2 problems

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Fri Jan 29 22:17:18 EST 2010

Bernie;

I downloaded your Soas-2-Blueberry.img and tested it:

http://people.sugarlabs.org/bernie/soas-2-blueberry-direct-2GB.img.xz

(Note Ubuntu 9.04 Archive Manager will not decompress .xz files
I then used F12 (Constantine) Edu Spin Archive Manager (usb HD install)
to do it.)

In terminal:

#dd if=soas-2-blueberry-direct-2GB.img of=/dev/sd(b)   * check (b)
before using this line.
4014080+0 records in
4013080+0 rocords out
2055208960 bytes (2.1GB) copied, 421.373 s, 4.9MB/s
#

Used 4GB Sandisk USB formatted Fat16 ( boot flag) using Fedora GParted
(graphical)

Grub Boot Menu shows Strawberry on first line
It boots fine to Plymouth graphical screen
comes up to BernieSoaS name and green blue color
On CP shows Soas version 2 (Blueberry) 0.86.3
Did successful update of 13 activities
Has 43? Activities in F3 screen.
F1 Network connects to Jabber

Very Nice. : )