[SoaS] bernie, don't forget to automatically randomize the uuid

Douglas McClendon dmc.sugar at filteredperception.org
Wed Jan 27 00:21:04 EST 2010

Bernie, I see from the archives (since I discontinued delivery), that
you put up your installation instructions a couple posts before my last
one, and even mentioned zyx-liveinstaller, which does work in blueberry,
and liveinst, which I thought did not work in blueberry (but I could be
wrong).

It might serve you well to skim the zyx-liveinstaller-cli bash code that
does the installation.  You'll probably run into some things you'll need
to add to your proof of concept to make it a more correct solution.
I.e. randomizing the uuid, resizing the rootfs.

Honestly I think you are pointlessly reinventing the wheel.

unxz??  Ok.  Sure, as opposed to just taking advantage of the already
compressed fs image already present in the existing .iso....

Again, why don't you just go add some code to livecd-iso-to-disk and/or
liveusb-creator (and or modify zyx-liveinstaller to support rebootful
style)?

Or write your own gui installer from scratch.

-dmc