[SoaS] [Sugar-devel] SOAS 2 problems

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 24 21:12:57 EST 2010

Hi...
I've been following your discussion with interest, especially since I set it off... and I am meeting with the folks in Buenos Aires tomorrow evening.  One thing I should have mentioned in one of my earlier emails is that when I created the usb stick for Blueberry with the live usb creator, I forgot to allot storage space on the stick... it was my first time using the tool and didn't realize I had to do it.  Therefore, I suspect the journal filled quickly (it was working fine at first).  The end result was that everything froze and when we finally did a hard shut down, we were unable to get Windows to load again.  I think it was XP, but I'm not sure. It was my daughter-in-law's machine.
As an aside, we seemed to have the "reverse midas touch" at their house.  We put our clothes in their computerized washing machine to wash them before going to the airport.  The machine froze!  Our clothes were locked in!  Our son came home from work to liberate them.  Evidently it has happened before. He had to open the machine and keep plugging and unplugging various wires.  Seems that some things are better not computerized!
But for SoaS, I'm looking forward to using the wonderful new easy to use version that you folks are working on!
Caryl