[SoaS] rt2x00 firmware

Rodolfo D. rodolfo.arce.s at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 20:32:39 EST 2010

Hello Bernie and all:

I don't know if the kernel driver is or not present, but a couple of weeks
ago I tryed the soas (strawberry and blueberry) on a classmate and all
hardware components were fully functional with both, although i didn't get a
chance to tackle mesh network.

I had a problem first because I tryed to use the record activity in the
blueberry soas, but than someone corrected me that the record activty was
not yet compatible with sugar 0.86, besides that.. no issues.. everything
worked

This kernel modole that you ask for, is it a requirement for something
specific that you trying or just a wishlist?? :)

cheers.. R

2010/1/6 Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org>

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if someone would like to package up a few more firmware
> blobs for Ralink wifi dongles. In particular, I'm interested in the
> RT2870 which, oddly enough, is used by Intel on the Classmate PC.
>
> Some background information on the kernel driver:
>
>  http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
>
> The Firmware is distributed by Ralink here:
>
>  http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=2
>
> Click through the firmware link to view the license. The terms appear to
> satisfy the legal requirements imposed by the Fedora guidelines:
>
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main#Binary_Firmware
>
> If the rt2800usb driver included in official kernels really works,
> perhaps the kmod packages distributed by rpmfusion should be obsoleted.
>
> --
>   // Bernie Innocenti - http://codewiz.org/
>  \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://sugarlabs.org/

Rodolfo D. Arce S.