[SoaS] Fwd: Blueberry Screen Resolution

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sat Feb 27 11:24:11 EST 2010

Hi Kevin,

On 27 Feb 2010, at 06:04, Kevin Petursson wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> I installed the guest additions and was then able to set screen size to 1024x768.  Using xrandr i'm only given a couple of options for screen size, 1024x768, 800x600. Is there a way to get SaoS to allow me more choices? or is this a limitation of Vitrualbox, and should I look at trying a different virtual machine program?  Your help and advice is greatly appriciated.

I'm running VirtualBox on a Mac here and manage to get at any supported resolution by tweaking what grub passes to the kernel at VM boot time (no need for installing the guest additions). This gives you your choice of screen size for the VM, even during boot, so you even get to see the 'pretty boot' animation. Here's one email from the archive that might help, have a look at step 10 and on:

	http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/soas/2009-December/000587.html

And the list of VGA modes VirtualBox listed for my Mac Book Pro 17":

	http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/soas/attachments/20091218/9008e92c/attachment.png

Regards,
--Gary