[SoaS] how to edit the sugar XoIRC application to autologon to different channels on startup..

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Fri Feb 26 22:07:58 EST 2010

Sebastian;

As the Autlogon checkbox on the tab of XoIRC does not work, I have
discovered a method to change the autologon channels on the XoIRC
application in sugar:

This was done on an installation of f12-edu to a 250GB USB HD ( gnome+sugar)
but should work for Blueberry soas also.

1-)log into sugar with gdm
2-)download XoIRC from ASLO with browse. This creates the Activities
subdirectory if it is not already present.
3-)in terminal  enter gedit then open and edit the file ircactivity.py
in .../Activities/IRC.activity subdirectory. (I had previously installed
gedit with yum install.)
4_add "client.add-channel ('sugar') "lines with the different #channels
inside quotes that you want to open on startup, Then save the changed file.

 Now autologon to those channels works on startup.

Tom Gilliard
satellit
.