[SoaS] 4GB USB Stick.

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Wed Feb 24 07:21:22 EST 2010

You should use as large a size of overlay as possible. I try to use a
minimum of 800, if possible.
If you do not use all of it, the capacity will go unused, (unless you
create a 2nd bootable partition on the stick.)

Shutdown  writes to the USB seem to be related to the amount of activity
from the session, not to the overlay size. Wait 10-15 seconds, or until
the LED stops flashing, before removing the stick or it will corrupt and
not reboot.

Do not do a yum update or yum install  on a small size overlay as you
will fill up the stick and make it unbootable. (Downloading large music
files and/or pictures to the stick can do this also)

Tom Gilliard
satellit