[SoaS] Blueberry Live USB Stick with liveusb-creator - A nice way to make Live USB Sticks

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sat Feb 20 13:55:14 EST 2010

Sebastian:

I just made a blueberry live usb with persistence on my EeePC900 Netbook
using  3 USB Sticks : (see attached .jpg)

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Category:Liveusb#Make_a_Soas-v2-Blueberry_Installer_USB_.28with_liveusb-creator_installed.29

1-) Boot the PC with a zyx created 4GB Blueberry live USB with fedora
liveusb-creator installed on it via yum
     I opened a terminal on it and type "liveusb-creator --reset-mbr"
     The graphical screen opens.
2-)Insert a 2nd USB stick containing a soas-v2-Blueberry.iso or another
.iso file.
3-)Insert a 3rd USB stick as target (Fat16 format)
4-)<Use existing Live CD> Select the USB with the .iso file, and select
the .iso file
5-)<Target Device> Select the target USB
6-) <Persistent Storage> move slider
7-)<Create Live USB>

This process (3 thru 7)can be repeated to make multiple copies....

Thus a netbook without a CD Drive can make new live-USB sticks
graphically .....

If the PC has a CD, the .iso can be selected there instead (steps 2 and 4)

****Could fedora liveusb-creator be added to the new soas v3? ***

This could  be a great way to make usb sticks from the running live CD.

If we could "sugarize" liveusb-creator, it would be even better.

NOTE:
I have had problems seeing other USB sticks in the sugar frame when
running from a live-usb . See Bug:

#1733: soas-i386-20100218.16 USB does not see other USB's in frame when they are inserted.

"Real" file system USB's (zyx-liveinstaller created) do not seem to have
this problem.

 This needs to be looked into.

Tom Gilliard
satellit