[SoaS] Sugar on a Stick Nightly Builds Available

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 02:21:07 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 5:30 AM, Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian at when.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> thanks to the awesome work of Kevin Fenzi and others, we've now nightly
> builds of Sugar on a Stick available. That means you can check the state
> of it on a daily basis here:
>
>    http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/soas/
>
> Whenever there's no .iso file available, this is due to a failure in the
> build process, which we'll need to investigate then.
>
> It also represents the current state of activities, giving me the
> opportunity to invite you to join our packaging & reviewing effort:
>
>    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Sugar_Activities

One thing to note about the Fedora 13 SoaS builds is that we now have the
native rt2x00 upstream wireless drivers enabled so there shouldn't need to
be any third party repositories enabled for them to work, not that its
guaranteed that they will, but I would be interested to hear feedback from
those that have one of the various Atom based eeePCs that have this
hardware. I had a quick attempt at them a couple of weeks ago and while the
wifi was detected by NetworkManager I couldn't associate with my WPA1 AP (I
have had numerous issues with it before so I wasn't surprised) and there's
been updates and fixes since and I've travelling for a month so it might
have improved or be localised to my AP.