[SoaS] Sugar on a Stick Bug Tracking

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Thu Feb 4 10:48:36 EST 2010

Hi all,

I'd like to share some news concerning the future SoaS bug tracker with
you. As you may know, we've been piloting Launchpad for SL lately.

Whereas the UI proved to be nice and the answers feature attracted users
to ask many questions, we had to suffer from a decline in people helping
out with triaging.

Therefore, I'd like to ask you to file all future bug reports at
bugs.sugarlabs.org, which has seen a steady performance improvement
thanks to the work Bernie and Sascha did over the last days.

When doing so, please make sure to select SoaS as the component! This is
important to make sure that it gets assigned properly. We'll take care
of moving it accordingly, in case this is needed.

In case Sugar Labs decides to switch to a different bug tracking system,
we'll always have the option to join that migration. This just marks the
end of an reasonably extended pilot to enhance the sustainability of the
whole project.

Thanks,
--Sebastian