[SoaS] Mango Lassi USB Boot issue

Rajiv Bhushan rajiv.bhushan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 17:49:31 EST 2010

Tom,

Since I did not wish to go through the chores of installing "Virtual
Box" and then running Fedora in it, I decided to burn a Sugar Mango
Lassi CD, and then to use livecd-iso-to-disk

As per the instructions, I booted up the CD, loaded Sugar, went to
terminal activity, became root, and changed directory to /LiveOS

So far so good.

I executed the following command as stated in the instructions -- the
USB Flash Drive was in /dev/sdc1

./livecd-iso-to-disk --reset-mbr --overlay-size-mb 300 --home-size-mb
175 --delete-home --unencrypted-home /dev/live /dev/sdc1

The system came back promptly with the livecd-iso-to-disk usage options

In other words, the options I was passing to the program were incorrect!

when I did a ls /dev

I did not find /dev/live listed. I did see a /dev/cdrom listed, but no
/dev/live

In other words, where is the iso source, that is supposed to be copied
to the Flash drive?

Help will be appreciated.

regards

Rajiv

http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/3.2.12/virtualbox-3.2_3.2.12-68302~Debian~lenny_i386.deb

http://mirror.uoregon.edu/fedora/linux/releases/13/Live/i686/Fedora-13-i686-Live.iso

 > (you can use f14 also)
 >
 > 3-) set up USB share filter (Settings/ports/USB enable/ add empty
filter )

 > 4-)Start the Fedora-13 appliance, (be sure to change the CD setting to
 > empty from the .iso prior to starting)
 > install liveusb-creator (root terminal "yum install liveusb-creator" and
 > "yum install gparted"
 >
 > 5-)format the 4 GB USB as fat16 or fat32 labeled "FEDORA " (CAPS) boot
 > flag set using gparted in fedora 13 (Very important)
 >
 > 6-) start liveusb-creator.
 > choose your USB </dev/sd(x) FEDORA >set persistence with slider and
 > Choose the live .iso for the USB you want to use.
 > Resulting persistent Live USB should boot properly.
 >
 > This method should be an OS and Hardware agnostic way to create a
Live USB