[SoaS] Fedora 14 + Mango Lassi Installation problems and ... solutions

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 04:38:22 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 11:43 AM, Jean FRUITET <jean.fruitet at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> Please excuse my really poor english :((
>
> Trying to get a LiveUsb Sugar on a stick based on Fedora14 and Mango Lassi
> with Windows7 OS,
> I gone through many issues.
> Here is a list and some hints to correct them.
>
> 1) Boot don't work.
> LiveUsb Creator can't install a working on Fedora14  Soas version.
> Hint :  You have to download the last version of Syslinux ( 4.03)
> http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/The_Syslinux_Project
> unarchive it and replace the syslinux.exe onto LiveUsb ./tool/ directory by
> the ./win/syslinux.exe from Syslinux ( 4.03) archive.

I'm working to get this problem resolved.

> 2) When setting on date and  language for Sugar, you need to reboot.
> If you have enterred your login + password for gnome key ring more that once
> time (see 2) at the first time you boot Soas
> you would never access to Sugar again after a reboot.
> The stick have to be formatted again.
>
> So use hint 3) and all will be fine.
>
> 3) After first boot,  a gnome key ring form ask for a login + password
> Then the form  it displayed 2 more times.
>
> Hint : Type in your login + password and valid them once time then click
> cancel at the following form.
> It seams that your account is registered the first time you type it in.
>
> After a reboot of the stick, type in your password and you will access to
> Sugar.
>
> 4) Many activities don't work on Mango Lassi :
> - TamTam
> - Physics (V. 5) have to be upgraded (V.7)
> - Write needs a very long time to load. Perhaps a USB issue ?
> - It seams that double screens does n'ot work with Sugar on a stick. Perhaps
> a driver issue ?

If your using a full install (not just the live image) you can do a OS
update from the command line "sudo yum update" and that will update to
the latest releases of the Activities. I don't believe dual screens
are supported within sugar, depends on your hardware the drivers most
definitely do support dual screens.