[SoaS] Fedora 14 + Mango Lassi Installation problems and ... solutions

Jean FRUITET jean.fruitet at free.fr
Wed Dec 8 06:43:58 EST 2010

Hi,
Please excuse my really poor english :((

Trying to get a LiveUsb Sugar on a stick based on Fedora14 and Mango
Lassi with Windows7 OS,
I gone through many issues.
Here is a list and some hints to correct them.

1) Boot don't work.
LiveUsb Creator can't install a working on Fedora14  Soas version.
Hint :  You have to download the last version of Syslinux ( 4.03)
http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/The_Syslinux_Project
unarchive it and replace the syslinux.exe onto LiveUsb ./tool/ directory
by the ./win/syslinux.exe from Syslinux ( 4.03) archive.

2) When setting on date and  language for Sugar, you need to reboot.
If you have enterred your login + password for gnome key ring more that
once time (see 2) at the first time you boot Soas
you would never access to Sugar again after a reboot.
The stick have to be formatted again.

So use hint 3) and all will be fine.

3) After first boot,  a gnome key ring form ask for a login + password
Then the form  it displayed 2 more times.

Hint : Type in your login + password and valid them once time then click
cancel at the following form.
It seams that your account is registered the first time you type it in.

After a reboot of the stick, type in your password and you will access
to Sugar.

4) Many activities don't work on Mango Lassi :
- TamTam
- Physics (V. 5) have to be upgraded (V.7)
- Write needs a very long time to load. Perhaps a USB issue ?
- It seams that double screens does n'ot work with Sugar on a stick.
Perhaps a driver issue ?

By the way, I am very pleased to get that Sugar OS working; my kids are
fond of it and I want to thanx a lot all the sugarlabs guys.

Jean F.
--

Jean FRUITET - St Sébastien / Loire - France