[SoaS] Live image status

pbrobinson at gmail.com pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 19:36:52 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Thomas C Gilliard
<satellit at bendbroadband.com> wrote:

> pbrobinson at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've had a look this evening, I've made a few minor changes to the
>> kickstart but I'm not sure its going to be fixed. Basically I think we
>> have multiple problems. I'm had one go at unwinding them this evening,
>> we'll see how we get on. A couple of notes:
>>
>> - A clean boot with no mods gets me X with no gui. Just a mouse cursor
>> - disabling selinux with "selinux=0" on the end of the boot string
>> gets me a GUI (not the one I expected)
>> - I've disabled firstboot (the GUI I actually got) to see how much
>> further we get (hopefully should be in tomorrows build but likely will
>> be the next day)
>> - I think a number of our issues are systemd related.
>>

> The alternate conservative solution works:
> use only the
> fedora 14
> and
> Fedora 14 updates repo
> by editing the mini-fedora.ks
> Builds a fine f14 v4 Soas iso.
> the rawhide repo is causing the problems...

We are using the repositories that will become Fedora 14. We're not
using rawhide (which will become Fedora 15).

So I have no idea what your doing different. Or are you using Fedora
13? I saw in your previous post mentions of sugar 0.88.

Either way it makes no difference. We are targeting Fedora 14 so if
that's broken we have to fix it. Period!

Peter