[SoaS] Live image status

pbrobinson at gmail.com pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 17:57:00 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I've had a look this evening, I've made a few minor changes to the
kickstart but I'm not sure its going to be fixed. Basically I think we
have multiple problems. I'm had one go at unwinding them this evening,
we'll see how we get on. A couple of notes:

- A clean boot with no mods gets me X with no gui. Just a mouse cursor
- disabling selinux with "selinux=0" on the end of the boot string
gets me a GUI (not the one I expected)
- I've disabled firstboot (the GUI I actually got) to see how much
further we get (hopefully should be in tomorrows build but likely will
be the next day)
- I think a number of our issues are systemd related.

If someone has the time to grab the latest kickstarts from fedora git
and to build a test image, boot it with selinux disabled and let me
know how you get on that would be great.

I'll try to have another go tomorrow night to see how much further I
get. Failing that I'm unlikely going to get any time to look at this
again until next week as I'm travelling for work Thurs -> Sun.

Cheers,