[SoaS] Sugar on a Stick builds are broken. boots thru firstboot; then starts x ends up with blank screen with X cursor no gdm or sugar login ---been that way over 10 days....

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Mon Aug 30 13:44:08 EDT 2010

Peter;

I have used selinux=0 and init=/sbin/upstart command line options with
no change in behavior on previous builds. I retested here.

Latest Build:

1-(boot with : selinux=0) soas-i386-20100829.17.iso seems to get hung up
on NetworkManager:

nm-dispatcher_action: Invalid connection: '(null)' / 'connection setting
not found' invalid : 1

but it says
eth0: link down and
eth0 link up when cable is unplugged/plugged after this.

2- (boot with : selinux=0 init=/sbin/upstart) soas-i386-20100829.17.iso

stops at starting abrt daemon

3- regular boot stops at end of smolt hardware profile when it should
switch to gdm screen goes blank and off color.

NOTE:

soas-i386-20100828.21 behaves exactly the same way...

Tom Gilliard
satellit