[SoaS] Mirabelle on VirtualBox - need Pippy!

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sun Aug 22 14:22:13 EDT 2010

I did not think the OSE version of VB supported USB's!

That is why I recommended the Sun/Oracle version

Enjoy;

Tom Gilliard
satellit

root=sugarroot
===This is a Virtualbox Appliance of soas-3-Mirrabelle(RC3)===
updated 5/19/2010

questions:
satellit on #sugar freenode IRC

This appliance is ready to run "firstboot" (agree/user name/password/tz/etc)

* installed with liveinst(Anaconda) to 8GB Virtual Disk in 2GB slices

Download these 3 files:

http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/soas-v3-Mirabelle.mf
http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/soas-v3-Mirabelle.ovf
http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/soas-v3-Mirabelle.vmdk

*Start Sun Virtualbox ( I used: Version 3.1.5 r59339 for export)

Top Left Corner of window:<file><Import Appliance>

<Choose> (to find 3 downloaded files you just downloaded )

select: soas-v3-Mirabelle.ovf
<Appliance Import Settings> Window appears:
*Correct line: "Guest OS Type" to OS:linux Version:fedora (click on
Other/unknown it is a dropdown box)
*Agree to GPL license
*<Import>

*start sugar