[SoaS] Mirabelle woes... install to VB HD ?

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Thu Aug 12 11:36:48 EDT 2010

You could try:

Prebuilt for Sun VB
just import OVF (3 files ) see:

http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/soas-v3-MirabelleREADME_FIRST.txt

Done a while ago. As I remember It worked fine.
-----------------------------
Hint: If you install with "liveinst" (Anaconda) from Mirabelle .iso
terminal as root,there is no need for a persistent overlay. It installs
ext3 file system on the virtualbox HD

(Mount CD as .iso after creating HD in VB before running it) This method
also works with OSE VB.

Use USB's of 4GB size if possible with 1200 persistence use
liveusb-creator (win or linux) or

Script if using fedora:
> ./livecd-iso-to-disk  --format --reset-mbr --overlay-size-mb 1200
> /home/xxxt/Desktop/xxxx.iso /dev/sd(g)*
*/dev/sd( ) is found in terminal with "mount" it will show
/(dev/sdb-sdc-sdd-sde) as device name for your USB

 >be careful here as it can wipe your PC's HD if you get it wrong!

Tom Gilliard
satellit