[SoaS] test Digest, Vol 74, Issue 91

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Thu Apr 29 06:36:13 EDT 2010

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:35:52 -0600
> From: Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com>
> Subject: Re:
> 	http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/soas/soas-i386-20100427.18.iso
> 	liveinst still crashes ..
> To: test at lists.fedoraproject.org
>
> Please don't send copies of list messages to me, I'm already on the
> list. ;)
>
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:24:09 -0700
> Thomas C Gilliard <satellit at bendbroadband.com> wrote:
>

>> I tried to yum install this and pyparted-3.3-1.fc13
>> is already present in current spin.
>> soas-i386-20100427.18.iso
>>
>>> liveinst still crashes ...
>>>
>> I am attaching 2 crash reports from the stick...
>>
>> Thanks for any suggestions...
>>

> Looks like anaconda needs a dep on device-mapper-multipath or the soas
> spin needs to include it in it's kickstart file.
>
> If you 'yum install device-mapper-multipath' and re-run the install,
> does it work?
>
> File a bug on anaconda for it?
>

>> Tom Gilliard
>> satellit
>>

> kevin

This solved the problem partially. I do not get a crash anymore, but:

I am running from a Lexar JD Firefly 2GB USB:
If I go to the "Please select the drives you'd like to install the
operating system on..."
I cannot deselected the drive I am booted from..., the check mark will
not change.
The PC hard drive and the target 2nd USB can be deselected or selected
on the check box.

If I proceed to the next selection screen both usb's appear and if I
select the target USB
I cannot select it as the boot (checkbox) USB in the "Install Target
Devices" right box.

 >It looks like the use case of installing to a 2nd USB from a booted
1st USB installer cannot be done.<

I did not proceed with the install, as I get the message: "You must
select one drive to boot from" and the selection for boot cannot be done.

This occurs in both Create Custom Layout and Use All Space, with review
and modify partitioning layout selected install types.
In both Basic and Specialized Storage Devices selections.

Tom Gilliard