[SoaS] [SugarClone] -was Re: You scream, I scream, ...

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Tue Apr 27 08:40:02 EDT 2010

Fred;

Used new SugarClone loaded by itself into USB:
(Drag drop into opened USB on Ubuntu 9.04 desktop)
Then Booted Acer Aspire One with it.)

sugar-terminal:

[liveuser at localhost ~]$ /mnt/live/SugarClone

       clone options:
   installer options:

   This Live USB/SD device was detected:

       usb..Lexar..JD FireFly../dev/sdb../mnt/live..LIVE..1.9-GiB

   One USB/SD storage device is available:

       usb..Lexar..JDFireFly../dev/sdc../media/LIVE..LIVE..1.9-GiB

   That's where we'll load the SugarClone.

       /dev/sdc1

   Source is on a vfat partition.
   Builder: soas-426
   Updating boot config file.

   There is 89.7 % of the 1200 MiBytes in LiveOS
   persistent storage that is free on both the Source & Target devices.

   Calling:
   /tmp/modified_livecd-iso-to-disk --noverify --copy-overlay
--delete-home --copy-home  /dev/live /dev/sdc1

Already set up as live image.
Deleting old OS in fifteen seconds...
Copying live image to USB stick
Copied overlay.
Updating boot config file
Installing boot loader
USB stick set up as live image!

   Cleaning up to exit...
   Waiting for devices to settle...

   Done... You may use your Sugar Clone now!

[liveuser at localhost ~]$

Cloned Custom USB works fine.
Opens up with Sugar "Name" screen
Remembers wireless login
Has contents of journal from master USB

(the modified script is added to /mnt/live after running SugarClone script.)

Tom Gilliard
satellit