[SoaS] [IAEP] Reformat USB stick, How?

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 01:36:59 EDT 2010

Hi...

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I took the easy way out... Mac Disk Utility worked beautifully!  It actually went like this:

Disk Utility--->(choose the usb stick)---->Erase
VolumeFormat: MS-DOS(fat)
Name:UNTITLED
Security Options: (pick one!.. I used zero out)
Erase---->Erase

This took 6 minutes to erase.  There were other options, including a very quick one that leaves some data behind, up to a super-secure one offering 35 times as many passes!  That would have taken 3-1/2 hours! Zeroing out once should be enough for making SoaS.

Now, since no one has answered my concerns about using a direct download from Fedora's Live USB creator for windows using my cute little mauve colored eeePC I'm going to give it a try anyway. If it crashes and "burns" I guess I can use the restore disk (after I buy an optical drive for it).

I'll let you know what happens....

Caryl