[SoaS] Live media installers -was: sugar on a stick

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Mon Apr 26 14:21:26 EDT 2010

I just downloaded unetbootin-windows-433.exe
From:  https://launchpad.net/unetbootin

Installed it in Windows XP SP2 running in VMworkstation 6.5.3
used it to install to a 4GB firefly USB 2 times as a test:

After they were written I booted the USB in an acer aspire one netbook:
The resulting USB boots with a unique boot screen (attached 2 jpg's)

1-) blueberry -v2
halted with error:
drm: drm_mode_rmfb *error* tried to remove a fb that we did not own
this was a snapshot of Soas release 2 , sugar 0.86.3

I rebooted the USB and added selinux=o to boot line
 >worked as it was supposed to...

2-) soas-i386-20100307
 >worked as it was supposed to...

My conclusion is if you want a non-persistent USB this is a fine solution.

Plus you can download the  f12-netinstall.iso from it and put it on  a
usb (at least it  is listed on the dropdown)
I did not try that.....

Tom Gilliard
satellit