[SoaS] Live media installers -was: sugar on a stick

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 12:51:52 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Sascha Silbe <
sascha-ml-ui-sugar-soas at silbe.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:19:17AM -0400, Frederick Grose wrote:
>
>  Please note this recent advisory concerning Unetbootin:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=How_to_create_and_use_Live_USB&diff=166544&oldid=166026
>>

>  From that page:
>
>> Unetbootin does not work.
>> The Fedora Project has received numerous bug reports relating to using
>> Fedora Live USB keys made with
>> unetbootin. Please use the official livecd-tools or liveusb-creator
>> referenced above to make Fedora Live USB
>> keys This warning will be removed when we can confirm these bugs are
>> fixed.
>>

> Do you know details, by any chance?
> There are 112 open bugs [1] which doesn't look too good, though several of
> them are of the "Please support distro X" kind. It's more the amount of
> "Undecided" bugs that makes it look bad...
> It might nevertheless be better to help fix unetbootin rather than build
> our own tool.
>

> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/unetbootin/+bugs

Paul has updated the advisory,
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=How_to_create_and_use_Live_USB&diff=next&oldid=166544,
to,

{{admon/warning | Unetbootin may not work | The Fedora Project has received
> numerous reports relating to using Fedora Live USB keys made with
> unetbootin.  You may want to use the official livecd-tools or
> liveusb-creator referenced above to make Fedora Live USB keys.}}

I have no other information, sorry.        --Fred