[SoaS] Live media installers -was: sugar on a stick

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-soas at silbe.org
Mon Apr 26 12:37:54 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:19:17AM -0400, Frederick Grose wrote:

> Please note this recent advisory concerning Unetbootin:
> https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=How_to_create_and_use_Live_USB&diff=166544&oldid=166026

  From that page:
> Unetbootin does not work.
> The Fedora Project has received numerous bug reports relating to using
> Fedora Live USB keys made with
> unetbootin. Please use the official livecd-tools or liveusb-creator
> referenced above to make Fedora Live USB
> keys This warning will be removed when we can confirm these bugs are
> fixed.

Do you know details, by any chance?
There are 112 open bugs [1] which doesn't look too good, though several
of them are of the "Please support distro X" kind. It's more the amount
of "Undecided" bugs that makes it look bad...
It might nevertheless be better to help fix unetbootin rather than build
our own tool.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/unetbootin/+bugs

CU Sascha

--