[SoaS] sugar on a stick

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-soas at silbe.org
Mon Apr 26 04:55:12 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 06:37:46PM +1000, James Cameron wrote:

> While there is a need for a Windows based tool to achieve this
> purpose,
> and also for a Linux or Mac OS X based tool, there's little reason I
> can
> see for the tool to be cross-platform except to reduce development
> effort.
The reason I see is a consistent user experience. My observation (on
#sugar, sugar-devel and iaep) is that exactly this lack is one major
obstacle to getting a working SoaS.
Thanks for mentioning unetbootin, BTW - I briefly looked at it before
and rejected it (for a reason I don't remember), but it seems I should
take a second, closer look before working (or getting someone to work)
on Starch installer [1].

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Starch_installer

CU Sascha

--