[SoaS] sugar on a stick

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Apr 26 04:37:46 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:31:05AM +0200, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> Given that it's sole use is writing a Linux image to a stick, I find
> it rather puzzling that it only works on Windows.

While there is a need for a Windows based tool to achieve this purpose,
and also for a Linux or Mac OS X based tool, there's little reason I can
see for the tool to be cross-platform except to reduce development
effort.  It's up to the tool developer to make that decision.  I'm glad
there exist developers who choose not to make everything cross-platform,
as it allows them to optimise for their chosen platform.  I do the same;
most of my code doesn't run on anything bar Linux.  ;-)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/