[SoaS] InfoTech Report and link to Photos

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 25 00:24:20 EDT 2010

Hi All,

Today was "showtime" for SoaS at the LAUSD InfoTech and Parent Summit at the Los Angeles Convention center. This year's event was sponsored by Target as one of their community involvement projects. Everything was free... even parking and a great lunch!  They said there were about 4000 people there including kids.

We had a lot of parents and teachers stop by and ask about getting XOs for their schools and about SoaS.  I gave them a special handout with links to lots of info. Some also signed up for the olpc-SoCal mailing list. Their names will be added sometime next week.

You can see some photos of the event here. I wish I had had time to take more (and to see the other booths).

http://bit.ly/9xfTAz

We showed SoaS Blueberry running on the eeePC and MacBook (with a boot helper cd) and it worked fine.  This was a non-persistant version.  A couple of teachers who stopped by were very interested in trying it and may help us work on the Grannies Guide. I will keep working on it myself in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again to all of you who helped me get the project this far!  Hopefully by CUELA's Tech Fair in November we will be ready for a hands-on make and take workshop... BYOLT and usb, take home SoaS ready to go!

Caryl