[SoaS] [SugarClone] -was Re: You scream, I scream, ...

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sat Apr 24 08:41:42 EDT 2010

Fred;

Tested Your new SugarClone script.

It works fine.

* Used on 4GB USB Firefly*:
./livecd-iso-to-disk  --format --reset-mbr --overlay-size-mb 2000
/home/robert/Desktop/soas-i386-20100421.18.iso /dev/sd(*)
* Removed and then reinserted USB in Ubuntu 9.04
* Copy/Paste 2 scripts to opened USB on Desktop:
    modified_livecd-iso-to-disk
    SugarClone
*Inserted and booted USB on Acer Aspire One
    su
    /mnt/live/SugarClone

found Target USB and made clone sucessfully.

Note:
Boot Screen no longer appears (Plymouth?)
(I just get horizontal bars >f13)
I am not sure that this is an improvement....(I liked the Boot Screen)

QUESTION:
Do I need the modified_livecd-iso-to-disk script with this new version
to be on the USB?

ONE PROBLEM on Acer Aspire One:
"Turns out the SD adapter uses the PCIe bus"
and is not recognized by Sugar or your Scripts
SD only is seen if mounted in a Lexar SD to USB adapter....

Can this be fixed, is it worth it, as SD cannot boot anyway?

* On a EeePC900 with the same USB and SD the SD is seen and the
script(s) work.

They are a GREAT improvement!

Thanks

Tom Gilliard